Translate

Monday, September 3, 2018

Update on Misattribution in a Signature over on the Troll Lords forums

I posted back in 2015 about the Misattribution in a Signature over on the Troll Lords forums of one of my quotes and since I don't go to the Troll Lords forums, I assumed that it would be fixed, since it is such a minor thing and sieg posts under the name sieg lots of places in current use.

To recap, sieg, claims in his signature that Tim Kask said this

Always remember, as a first principle of all D&D: playing BtB is not now, never was and never will be old school.
But that is not true, it is a quote of mine that I had in my signature for a long time preceding the linked posting with Tim Kask in the linked thread at Dragonsfoot. 

So I checked the other day and to my surprise this was never corrected.


So I went to Troll Lords forums and created an account, which I didn't really want to do since they don't produce any products that I have any interest in, since none of them are what I would consider old school or even to have old school roots.


So I posted in this thread and requested that it be fixed. I laid my case out and I closed with this statement

Seeing as how @sieg has not logged in here in about 8 years, I don't suppose there is anyway to get his signature corrected, but it would be nice if it could be.
Thank you for your time, Crimhthan The Great
I was a model of civility in my post, so the response I got was to be mocked by several posters, including sieg who now goes by DMMike.  The last response in the thread I saw was dated Monday August 27, 2018 at 9:15PM. If anyone responded after that I am now unable to see the thread or the forum.

I originally said back in 2015

Sieg was also posting in that DF thread, but I am not sure why he misattributed the quote, but if anyone is currently a member of DF and/or Troll Lords and knows Sieg please bring it to his attention. Please note that I do not think it was deliberate. 
Given my treatment in the thread, I no longer believe that it was not deliberate. 

So I will state that I object to the theft of my IP and I will post about this from time to time to set the record straight and remind people that that IP is mine and not Tim Kask's. I am curious about how Tim Kask feels having my IP attributed to him, but I will probably never know since I do not share any forum memberships with him anymore. He of course is not responsible for any of this.


On top of that, Troll Lords took the step of banning me without any warning or contact at all. You can imagine what my opinion of Troll Lords is at this point.


I emailed their Admin, but he did not reply to my email. Somehow I am not surprised.


Update 9/23/18: Still no reply and still no correction. Shame on them.


Update 10/25/18: sieg aka dmmike claims that 
Partially true, though I'd wanted to move beyond the sieg persona for a while. 
Uh-huh, he wants to move beyond  the sieg persona so much that he still posts over at http://odd74.proboards.com and at https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/ under the sieg persona having not bothered to create a second account under the dmmike name at either forum. They have still not corrected the misinformation, so at this point I must assume that all of it is deliberate and that there is no legitimate reason why he can not login to that account and change the signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment